Responsibilities & accountabilities
Mentors are responsible and accountable for:
- Organising and co-ordinating student learning activities in practice.
- Supervising students in learning situations and providing them
with constructive feedback on their achievements.
- Setting realistic learning objectives and monitoring their achievement.
- Assessing total performance – including skills, attitudes and behaviours.
- Providing evidence as required by programme providers
of student achievement or lack of achievement.
- Liaising with others (e.g. mentors, sign-off mentors, practice facilitators, practice teachers, personal tutors, programme leaders) to provide feedback, identify any concerns about the student’s performance and agree action as appropriate.
- Providing evidence for, or acting as, sign-off mentors with regard to making decisions about the achievement of proficiency at the end of a programme.
© Copyright of the University of Southampton 2015. All rights reserved.